“Unable to attach to the process. Access is denied.” When Attaching Debugger to IIS Process in Windows 7
Ever since we upgraded to Windows 7 some people have experienced problems when trying to attach Visual Studios debugger to IIS. Up until this weekend it hadn’t happened to me, but when I started my local SQL server to work on a locally hosted project during the weekend I got this error message:
Turns out Visual Studio doesn’t automatically figure out that I want to debug managed of code when the process runs several types of code. Telling it what type of code to debug, managed, fixes the problem.
In the Attach to Process dialog, under the “Attach to” heading click select.
Click the “Debug these code types” radio button and select “Managed”. Hit OK and the problem is solved.
- Handling multiple ASP.NET configuration files with build events
- My quest for a way to generate images with text using custom fonts with ASP.NET
- Template for RESTish JSON service with WCF
- A few new tools in my .NET development toolbox
- XML sitemap with ASP.NET MVC
- Extending ASP.NET MVC Music Store with elasticsearch
- When strongly typed views stop working after converting a MVC 1.0 project from Visual Studio 2008 to 2010
- Øredev impressions and insights