Today me and Jonathan had a meeting with EPiServer in Kista regarding the Page Type Builder project. As many as five people from EPiServer attended the meeting which I think indicates that they are really interested in the project. While no definitive and specific plans for collaborating where made we basically reached an agreement in which I’ll continue to develop it until it reaches a version 1.0. Meanwhile EPi will investigate the legal implications of using part of the project in their product in the future and discuss further how they would like it to work. All of us will also think about what additions could be made to the product to make Page Type Builder easier to implement and better performance and code wise. Once the project reaches version 1.0, that is a first official, stable release, we’ll discuss where to go from there and hopefully some of the developers at EPi and other EPiServer partners will be able to contribute.
I also received some very interesting feedback from Patrik Akselsson at Valtech, someone who, unless I remember it wrong, Emil (my former blog partner and soon to be colleague) speaks very highly of. Patrik pointed out some (to me now, after reading Patriks comments) pretty obvious flaws in how I’ve built the PageDataFactory class which was added in the latest release (0.7). So, I’m off to rewrite it :)
- Page Type Builder planned development timeline
- Page Type Builder 0.8 released – Finally!
- Slides and notes from EPiServer Partner Summit
- Ideas for new features in Page Type Builder 2.0
- Page Type Builder is gaining some traction
- Page Type Builder 1.2 Released!
- Page Type Builder 1.0 Released!
- Page Type Builder 1.2 Beta 2 Released – Help me test it!