Yesterday I visited Oslo and held a workshop about testing websites built with EPiServer CMS and ASP.NET Web Forms. I also gave a shorter talk at the Norwegian EPiServer developers user group on the same subject.
The workshop and talk addressed topics such as why it’s important to have automated tests, what’s important to think about when constructing automated test, different types of tests we should have in our toolbox when testing web sites, the XUnit way of writing tests, code isolation/mocking, Inversion of Control and some challenges we face when testing EPiServer CMS sites. I also presented a quick look at the Model View Presenter pattern and a new open source project called EPiMVP which is a framework for using the Web Forms MVP project with EPiServer CMS.
While I think many of the slides from the presentations demand some explanation and code examples, which I tried to give during the talks, you are welcome to look at them on SlideShare.
- Introducing EPiMVP – A Framework for using Web Forms MVP with EPiServer CMS
- EPiMVC – A framework for using EPiServer CMS with ASP.NET MVC
- Getting started with EPiServer CMS development
- A toolset for building testable and flexible EPiServer CMS sites
- One small step for EPiServer, one giant leap for our code
- A book about EPiServer development
- EPiServer and MVC – What is the view model?
- EPiAbstractions.Fakes – Create unit tests without mocking